Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Every little - literally - helps!

I just wanted to say - big up to Tesco!

We have a brand new store open this week in our nearest neighbouring town, and we decided to try it today. We shop monthly, then top up at the corner shop on fresh fixtures like bread and veg, because we find it works out cheaper, and on our current benefit-based budget every saving matters.

OK, we are being a bit more money-conscious these days for obvious reasons, but we still had to fill our trolley and we still did a pretty standard shop. It came in at no less than £30 CHEAPER than a standard shop at the store we have been using for some time. Yes, we went for items that were on offer or Tesco's own brand on a few things...but we have always been quite good about doing that anyway. £30 is no mean saving!

On top of that, the extremely pleasant cashier (I imagine local people are really happy about the jobs this store has created) gave us a "golden ticket" for a £500 prize and coupons for money off petrol - I proceeded then to fill my car with petrol, because supermarket pumps are cheaper than garage train pumps, and saved a further £3 from handing in my coupons.

Tesco rocks! Their motto is "every little helps"...and they do make sure they do lots of little things to help that add right up. This is going right on my list for my consumer reviews. 

Along with making a good start on the actual writing for my final Music Diploma assignment, and Daniel having a superstar day at school - he is thriving with his reading and becoming more relaxed each day with measures now put in place to support him at lunchtime and via the school nurture group - this has been a GREAT day! I hope the vibe rubs off on you if you're reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment