Search This Blog

Thursday 8 December 2011

The Christmas Frenzy Has Started!

Daniel can't understand why he's not already on his Christmas holidays, as everything seems to have started.

We chose our tree at the weekend - a Norway Spruce (for that authentic pine smell) which is sadly terrible for dropping needles. We decorated it on Tuesday after it had settled a little - I did the lights and tinsel and Daniel said he was going to help with the baubles and ornaments when he got home. In reality he put on about five. But he is fascinated with the tree this year, keeps feeling it and sitting by the tree staring transfixed at the lights. He was also really happy to see our tinsels, garlands and greenery go up around the room today. It certainly is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here.





My mum and I went to see his Nativity play this afternoon. Daniel had been given a special job, which was to thank all the parents at the end of the play. Apparently he's been doing it beautifully in rehearsal. This afternoon I think it phased him a bit to see Mummy and Nanna on the front row, and when he left his seat he stood and stared at us for a tense few seconds before facing the front and delivering his line beautifully. He was dressed smartly in what he calls his "wedding clothes" since my cousin's wedding this summer. I'm amazed at him overcoming his fears and speaking in front of all those people. There couldn't have been a prouder Mummy in the room.


I'm definitely already in the Christmas spirit this year, and it came in the nick of time considering I sadly didn't get the job I interviewed for this week, although I was told I was one of the strongest candidates so should take heart from that. Next job, Christmas cards. A job I feel like I've already done after getting Daniel to do all of his, but heigh ho! 

I hope you're all feeling festive, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment