Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Happiness is a party invitation...

It's the small things sometimes that makes you smile. You may remember I said that last year Daniel only got invited to one party out of many that went on. Friendships is one of those really tricky areas for any child, so with social communication difficulties in the way as well, it is a challenge. This morning, a little boy in his class told me he was inviting Daniel to his party which was coming up soon. Then another invitation came home from another little boy for a party on the 9th October.

It's a fancy dress disco, and I'm not sure how well he'll cope given that he dislikes loud noises - I'm hoping that the sight of his friends all playing and running around will make him want to stay. When I told him after school and showed him the invitation, he beamed all over his sweet little face - I could see he was really chuffed that he'd been invited, and it will be exciting for him picking a card and present and a costume to wear. 

Coupled with that, more good news from school: he's gone up a reading level and has responded really well to joining the school's nurture group this week. His LSA was really proud of him, his teacher had given him a sticker, and it was mummy and nanna's turn to beam all over our faces and give him lots of praise.

What a fantastic day - which also marks the start of a new journey for me and my partner, since my IUD was removed today. Who knows, maybe Daniel will also be getting a sibling in the not too distant future to enjoy parties and play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment