Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 September 2011

That was the summer that was

I now have to return to the depressing reality that I have no job and no money, issues to sort out with Daniel's school over lunchtime supervision, completing my final assignment for my music diploma, and getting myself signed up with one or two supply agencies and local schools for substitute teacher work.

However I trust in the universe that things will work out just fine! It's a time of exciting unknowns and infinite possibilities, as well as a time of uncertainty.

In the meantime, looking back, I have had possibly the best summer ever. For the first time in four years I was able to enjoy the whole summer holiday with my partner and son. We have had days out, a week away in Lincolnshire, a wedding in Wales, Daniel's fifth birthday, and a meander up the waterways moving the boat towards Shaun's new university, so it's little wonder the coffers are empty now (especially since we've also had car tax which is also a biggie), and I have to say we enjoyed every moment.

I thought I would collect together some photos and memories I can look at for a bit of a lift to keep me going at this time!

 Lazy days - my two favourite men relaxing in the park. It was warmer than it looked that day!
 At the end of a long happy day - Daniel posing on Skegness Pier.
 A major breakthrough this year: Daniel has finally worked up the courage to enjoy paddling in the sea. This particular photo was taken in Rhyl.
 Having a castle adventure at Conwy Castle - Mummy and Daniel's big day out.
 Exploring the nooks and crannies of Conwy Castle!
 Daniel has enjoyed visiting the sea lions this year at both Rhyl SeaQuarium (pictured) and Natureland in Skegness. Here he is riding a giant sea lion in the sunshine!
 Watching the world go by at Rhyl Beach.
 Stop pinching my Cheddars! Daniel and Shaun with the greedy ducks at Horseshoe Falls, Llangollen, on the day of my cousin's wedding.
 Shaun and I all dressed up and happy together at Horseshoe Falls.
 The spine-tingling spectre of Rhuddlan Castle, where I experienced deja vu, and through investigation with a psychic friend of mine am piecing together a possible past life there. I will definitely return.
Mother and son on his 5th birthday. The time passes so fast, but we capture and appreciate every single moment. The present turned out to be SpongeBob Square Pants pyjamas from a neighbour, which he loves!

Now here's to a wonderful season of mists and mellow fruitfulness...
(That's autumn for those of you who have never read Keats!)

No comments:

Post a Comment