Search This Blog

Thursday 10 November 2011

Finally flying high...

I had a phone call first thing this morning from Daniel's teacher, as she hadn't had chance to speak to me after school yesterday. Now any mother would probably dread picking up the phone to school not knowing what news awaits, and that's definitely the case with me, as Daniel has been refusing to do some of his tasks and screaming in frustration in class recently.


But this was good news. This was news worth sharing. Daniel is doing so well with his reading he's been moved into a higher group, "Eagle Owls". She was calling me to inform that "Eagle Owls" visit the library on a Thursday morning so he needed to bring his library book to school and be pre-warned that it would be his first activity of the day, to avoid any stress for him.


This made me smile for two reasons. One, my little superstar is finally flying high and showing his amazing potential. Two, his teacher is really coming to understand him and his needs, to know that he needs to be prepared in advance for anything different, and given chance to think about it first to avoid becoming distressed. And understanding is half the battle.


My little "Eagle Owl" beamed all over his face when I told him. What a positive start to the day. Thank goodness for the amazing people at Daniel's school. They make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment