Search This Blog

Saturday 3 September 2011

Five Reasons Why Autism Moms Rock!

Five Reasons Why Autism Moms Rock - Article

I'm feeling really apprehensive about the coming term, which starts on Tuesday. I have a meeting with Daniel's teacher, LSA, headteacher and the Inclusion guy from the local authority on Wednesday regarding provision for Daniel at lunchtimes. My being able to apply for long-term and full-time jobs depends on this decision, and additionally I do feel it's best for Daniel to be in school at lunchtimes learning how to interact, cope and avoid violent behaviours, but need to know he is safe and not making other children unsafe.

Later in the term I've been promised an invite to a programme for children Daniel's age where parents can meet up to learn about autism and things they can do to help, and of course for children who share the same problems to meet, interact and play. I'm looking forward to it as a little bit of a lifeline, but apprehensive as well.

A lady just posted this fantastic link on my mommies' forum and it has really made me smile, and given me that extra little bit of strength I needed to get through this week. It's so true of me and I'm sure of lots of autism mothers. So I am sharing the link with you all in the hope it comes at just the right time for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment